Busy, busy, busy winter.
- 2013 is off to a fabulous start – I’ve transitioned into a consulting role with a super-neat startup in the Boston area to work on pushing the company to scale with an influx of multi-sided users. It’s been a whirlwind and with quick, significant progress - I’ve finally found the women’s restroom no less than eight weeks into the game. There’s incredible potential for the technology they’ve developed, and we’re going to take this thing far & wide. The visionary & strategic aspects of my role are incredible, and it’s caused a deep realization that hey maybe this is what I should have been doing — not the process-oriented roles I’ve filled in the past.
- Timing is good too – a smart friend recently left his comfortable job for greener pastures in the world of marketing convergence. What is this magical term I speak of? It’s the first time anyone has linked together all marketing activities directly to business activities and directly to consumer activities. It’s a closed-loop system. Our tool is super easy to use and – best of all – doesn’t require the coffers of the Catholic Church to implement & maintain. I’m proud of it, excited about it, and ready to introduce much much more in the coming weeks.
- I’ve been writing, albeit slowly, working on an old/new project. You remember Notes from the Field, right? It’s undergoing a reboot and when I finish the intense outline, it’s hitting the publisher circuit. (Another one you’ll be hearing much more about in the coming months. I’ve dedicated nearly all my flying time to writing – except Superbowl Sunday and when I get jammed next to someone who insists on invading my space, brain, and consciousness with their nosy inquiries.)
- Commercial and residential real estate is also on my radar, though I seem to spend more time kicking the tires than finding what I want. Essentially, I want to build out some decent commissary kitchens for up & coming chefs, home bakers, and those who want to break into the catering, food truck, and other food-types of business. It needs to include a small cafe and a market (ideally), but finding the right-sized warehouse space that I can purchase & get up to code hasn’t been an easy task. From the residential side – it’s time to put down some roots, if only so I have somewhere to come home to on the weekends. I just don’t know where (yet).
- And, of course, this past Saturday marked the beginning of the soccer season! Pictures & stories forthcoming — though I’m excited to coach another season with the girls. (They’re now 7 1/2 years old. It’s our eighth season and going strong.)
Yep, this year is shaping up to be a game-changer. Let’s make it happen together though — tell me what you’re up to!